Let’s find out why we don’t always receive all of God’s promises before we get to heaven and how to change that fast!
You’ve heard it before. God has a book full of promises. But how do you know for sure you can believe God’s promises are available to you right now? I’m talking right now – in the land of the living. Right now – before you get to heaven.
God wants you to have his best! You’ve probably heard Joel Osteen say it. Maybe you heard it from Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar, or Joseph Prince. Maybe it was your pastor or an evangelist. Heard what? God wants you to be healthy, succeed, prosper and be blessed beyond measure. Really? Then how come maybe you aren’t?
Well, ok, maybe you are…to a degree. But not every believer is truly living in a place of health and abundance in every area of their lives, are they? So what gives?
Heaven on Earth
When I was a kid my mom and I used to play a game of sorts. We used to take turns describing what we thought heaven would be like. I would always start: “Streets of gold to for riding bike.” She’d say, “A huge kitchen with the most up to date appliances!” (That’s living in abundance!) I’d say, “We’ll have the biggest house we’ve ever seen. It will have lots of bedrooms, a big TV, and mega sized popcorn maker.” She chime in, “And the bathrooms will sparkle like diamonds.”
No more scraped knees. Everyone will be smiling and singing. And I always wondered if I’d get to play soccer 24/7 in heaven since it was my favorite sport as a kid. I imagined the nicest soccer goals you’d ever layer eyes on. A field greener than artificial turf and softer than a pillow-top mattress… Of course these aren’t things we are promised in heaven, but a kid can dream right?
So let’s stop imagining. What do you know about heaven according to the Bible?
- There’s no sickness
- There’s no lack
- There’s no sadness
- There’s no hurt
- There is peace
- There is love
- There is prosperity in every realm – body, soul, mind, spirit, and environment. In other words – the works!
This is what God’s will is for heaven.
Now take a deep breath…
This is also what God’s will is for earth.
Then why don’t we have it all on earth?
Simple. We don’t always believe we can have it all on earth.
But Jesus said:
“May your will [God’s] be done on earth as it is in heaven”. (Matthew 6:10 NLT) Brackets mine.
Did you catch that? Jesus said whatever is meant for us in heaven is meant for us on earth.
Good news: You can have it all. On earth!
That sealed the deal for me but in case you’re still not sure consider these scriptures:
- “I will see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living.” Psalm 27:13 (Then land of the living means here on earth.)
- “I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” John 10:10 AMP (Life meaning, this life, now.)
- “Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.” Psalm 103:2, 3 (You have already been healed. Past tense.)
- “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.” Ephesians 1:3 NLT (We are blessed now with what’s in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ NOW.)
- “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your should keeps well and prospers.” 3 John 1:2 AMP (Prosperity in every area for your earthly body.)
- “God is not a human being, and he will not lie. He is not human, and he does not change his mind. What he says he will do, he does. What he promises, he makes come true.” Numbers 23:19 NCV (Nuff Said!)
- “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.” Philipians 4:19 NLT (He’s obviously talking about our needs on earth because we won’t have any needs in heaven.)
That should be good enough right? But we are sometimes duped into thinking we will only receive the totality of these things when we get to heaven. What twists our thinking? How can we be moved from believing what God says to something else? Try these on for size:
4 Reasons You Don’t Always Receive God’s Promises Before You Get to Heaven:
- Disappointment from unanswered prayer (causing unbelief)
- Wrong teaching of the scriptures
- Religious ideas or traditions that contradict the truth of God’s Word (Mark 7:13 NCV says: “By your own rules, which you teach people, you are rejecting what God said. And you do many things like that.”)
- Wrong thoughts
The problem sometimes is that we believe God for salvation that redeems us from sin but we don’t believe God for salvation that redeems us from lack in all other areas.
It is not God’s will for us to lack in any area of our lives. When we do, it’s because we don’t believe God paid for us to be blessed in every way and we’re not walking in his truth. He says he came to give life and to give it more abundantly. Lack is the opposite of abundance. So if there is lack in any area of your life, sorry, that’s just not his will. And if that’s where you are, you’re in good company.
The disciples also struggled with faith in some areas yet lacked faith for other things.
You may know this story in Matthew 14:13-21. The disciples believed in healing. They had just done mighty miracles. But then they came up against a lack financially. The crowd of 5,000.
The crowd was hungry and the disciples had no food to give them. That spells lack my friends. They had faith for God’s blessing to heal physical bodies, but they lacked faith for God’s blessing to meet their financial need.
See, even the disciples struggled with faith. They had it for one area, but struggled to believe for another. How about you? Do you have faith for one area of your life, but not for another?
Do you find it easy to believe you can prosper in your relationships, but find it hard to believe you can prosper in your finances? Do you find it easy to believe for your salvation? But hard to believe for God’s blessings in any other area of your life? Do you find it easy to believe God forgives you of your sins right now but hard to believe he will heal you right now?
I want to encourage you to take the same faith you used to receive salvation and apply it to EVERY area of your life. When you do, you will start to walk in a state of blessing like you have never experienced before. Every area of your life will prosper. Body, soul, mind, spirit, relationships, finances, career, you name it…you’ll get the works!
Heaven on earth. It’s no game. It’s real for those who believe.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, 4 Reasons Why You Don’t Always Receive God’s Promises Before You Get to Heaven & How to Change that Fast, you’ll probably want to check out this post called, “The Key to Knowing If It’s God’s Will to Heal On Earth” And if you haven’t subscribed for free posts when they are hot out of the oven – do so here and pick up a gift when you do. Enjoy heaven on earth!